[STA Members] Follow up SAS Plugfest discussion

David Woolf djwoolf at iol.unh.edu
Tue Aug 4 08:55:00 PDT 2009

To help with this discussion, UNH-IOL has put together a matrix of the
possible Phy capabilities that a device could potentially support, see
the attached spreadsheet.

What the matrix shows is that at a single speed, there are 8 possible phy
configurations, not including different settings for amplitude,
pre-empahsis, and equalization.

I'd like to hear what the best way to delineate (i.e. high medium low or
specific values) these other three settings are ( amplitude, pre-emphasis,
equalization ) This way we can determine all the possible phy
configuration permutations. As you can see this will lead to a big number
of test runs, much more than could be accomplished during 1 week. The next
step will be to whittle down to the most interesting 4-5 combinations.

thanks,
David

--

David Woolf